Corporate Highlights

  • The Mon Gold Project is a former underground producer that ran 1989 – 1997 until closure due to low gold prices.
  • Located in the Yellowknife Greenstone Belt, NWT, Canada. Past production in this Belt exceeds 15 million ounces of gold at grades >0.5 oz/tonne, including the Con, Giant and Discovery Mines.
  • Sixty North Gold Mining Ltd. has an option to earn an 80% interest in the Mon Gold Property, subject to a 20% carried interest and a 2% net smelter returns royalty, by spending $6m on the project to the end of April 2021.  Following earn-in of the 80% interest, Sixty North Gold will acquire the remaining 20% interest by issuance of a specified number of shares to the optionor, according to certain conditions, with such purchase subject to definitive agreements, and approvals of boards and shareholders. 
  • The project has multiple exploration targets defined in the 2017 and 2018 prospecting programs outside the former-producing A-Zone, with two parallel gold trends over 3 km long and a 2.5 km long horizon hosting VMS
  • The Company intends to conduct an underground bulk sample on the A-Zone and has acquired the mining equipment for this program
  • Land Use Permit and Water License for limited mining and milling production at 100 tpd are in place; the Mon Gold Project is the only gold project in the NWT permitted for any level of production.
  • Technical Report completed under NI 43-101, dated December 11, 2017.
  • The Mon Gold project is an Archean, turbidite-hosted, stratabound, non-stratiform quartz shear/vein deposit and as such has substantial potential.
  • The overall size, grade and form of the mineralization as well as its host rock assemblage is similar to the Discovery Mine (located 50 km to the north) where 1 million tons of ore were mined and 1 million ounces of gold were recovered between 1949 and 1969. There are no known resources or reserves on the Mon Gold Property and the presence of mineral deposits on properties adjacent to or in close proximity to the Mon Gold Property is not necessarily indicative of mineralization on the Mon Gold Property. The mineralization identified in the A-Zone appears to be a viable exploration target for a “Discovery Mine” type of deposit.
  • Mechanized trenching 2017 of the A-Zone crown pillar showed samples ranging in grade from 1.2 gpt gold over 0.90m to 688 gpt gold over 0.50m.
  • Metallurgical testing with a simple gravity and flotation mill circuit yielded recoveries averaging 98.8%.
  • Next phases of work planned:
    • - A-Zone: deliver mining equipment and bulk consumables to site via winter road for underground sampling and bulk sample extraction and testing program
    • - Future A-Zone program: underground drilling as warranted; install mill and dry stack tailings facility; process bulk sample and continue mining at an initial rate of 100 tpd.
    • - Continued surface exploration and initiating drilling program on various VMS and gold targets
  • Sixty North Gold also has an option agreement to acquire a 100% interest in the highly prospective continguous 2,394 ha Hangstone Property adjoining the Mon Property to the East and South. The Mon Property shear zones and VMS targets can be projected onto the Hangstone  Property.
  • Sixty North Gold is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the ticker symbol SXTY, on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol 2F4, and trades on the OTC-Pink under the symbol SXNTF.
  • The Company has an experienced mine operating, geology and public company team in place.

© 2021 Sixty North Gold Mining Ltd.
All rights reserved.